The Women, Infants & Children (WIC) program is a nutrition education, health promotion and supplemental food program that helps mothers and young children eat well and stay healthy.
- Women who are pregnant, breastfeeding or postpartum
- Children under 5 years of age
All applicants must meet income guidelines. Individuals who meet income and category guidelines will be assessed for nutritional risk factors during the certification process. You can use the WIC Prescreening Tool to see if you are eligible.
To apply for WIC benefits you must visit a WIC agency near you. Taney County Health Department offers WIC at both locations:
Branson Location: (417)334-4544 or 1-888-294-9530 (toll free)
Forsyth Location: (417)546-4725 or 1-888-707-4725 (toll free)
For additional assistance in finding a WIC agency near you call
Benefits of WIC are provided at no cost to the participant. WIC benefits include:
- Nutrition education and counseling
- Breastfeeding education and support
- Checks to buy nutritious foods to keep you and your children healthy
- Referrals for other health programs
US Department of Agriculture - Food and Nutrition Services - WIC
Department of Health and Human Services - WIC and Nutrition Services
Missouri WIC Association